Skip to main content

Elohi Tembea Nami: KBC Studio Mashinani; Appreciation

 If I were to give it a monetary value, I’d say, around 300-500K, both the audio recording and the video recording. So, thank you all who made it happen, more so, KBC's Studio Mashinani, Langata.

So, you’ve been writing songs, doing practice, knocking on studio’s doors. Well, recording and production costs are out of your reach. Still, you hope and pray. You trust in the Lord. Years go by. You write more songs, for the urge is always there and tomorrow might be your day.

You are there, listening to KBC Radio Taifa. Are you talented? In music, in jingles, in poetry? If yes, don’t sit on your talent at home. Hasten to the nearest Studio Mashinani. The government cares for you. The government understands the Creative Economy as having the potential to create thousands of jobs. The next morning finds you at the national broadcaster’s headquarters at Nairobi’s CBD.

The very next day, you are at Langata, the Studio Mashinani that’s closest to you. Thing is, there are several around the country, equipped with the best: equipment, staff, ambience. You book studio time… a beat is made… rehearsals… recording… mastering… video shooting… video editing… tedious, involving, lots of work… but the staff are ever gracious every time you are there.

The end product? ‘Elohi Tembea Nami’ by Sant Mark (yours truly). This is an inspiring song that whatever your travails, ask the Lord to walk with you and everything will be alright. Kindly like, share and subscribe to my channel.

The link to my song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9jE6HRTBI4

(Get my short stories collection at: https://nuriakenya.com/product/a-funeral-dress-for-nyasuguta-by-mark-mwangi/ )

Asanteni!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#20BobSanaa

  With a heavy heart, having cried my heart out, I let go. Of these dear books with many a memory. This to support my book launches. Gladden, though, for they are on offer for as low as Kshs 20 – 20bob (exclusive of delivery costs): 1.        Betrayal in The City 320 2.        Paper Doll 320 3.        Royal Scandals 320 4.        Poems from East Africa 320 5.        Mimba Ingali Mimba 220 6.        Half a Day and Other Stories 120 7.        Kitumbua Kimeingia Mchanga 320 8.        Walenisi 420 9.        Horn of My Love 220 10.    Mayai Waziri wa Maradhi 120 11.    Brisinger 520 12.    Cabal 320 13.    The Patriot Game 320 14.    The Resurre...

Age, Dreams, Love, Death

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETIbcEdyVfk The sweet child, golden her smile Death of innocence, led to her being Love was had, made and shaped – furiously Age was come, the world and the home – to enrich. The sweet child, golden her smile Cuddly and warm is she, ‘cept when called to dine She would rather play, not away her dolls – file Tantrums she is, tantrums she does, this sweet child of mine. Age is catching up Dreams are drying up Love withers away Death rides on the highway. Dreams, the essence of all that is A business to start, a sweet one to kiss If killed, sharp is the cobra’s hiss The daring shoot the star, can’t – the moon – miss. The infant wonders, clear eyes wanders Age trickles, drips and drops to the sea There is still no dreaming of what could be Love, Death – each Being flounders. Age is catching up Dreams are drying up Love withers away Death rides on the highway. Love, some claim He and She - The First Words, deeds, faith, tr...

Remembrances

Soft faces in tender places, I remember Shy lips and high hips, cold, the embers Soft skin and what could have been Echoes of stillness, in my labour, I have seen. Dotted noses and eyes brows, I have kissed In the throes of passion, questions missed Loved etched, sketched and drenched Here now I stand, on the world’s edge. It is a warm, fuzzy August night, as some books say. Mice scurry about, fat cats on their tails’ ends. I guess this is still so in one of your many books. Anyway, them books have squeezed me out of your heart and mind. Surely strange, but to love you in one still world is impossible when you live in so many. I am sure, too, that there is a pretty poem that says what’s in my heart about our situation. Adios. Feverish nights, grey nights, my dreams are possessed Yet, come morning, the old hauntings are to be dispensed The day is come, revealing the world as it is – boring I long for dusk, then I can pirate to adventure – roaring. It is a holiday. I am in ...