Skip to main content

Random Pieces 2

 Random Pieces 2

I walk, I think, I dream
I want, I need, I miss
Love and butterflies
Glow, sheen, contentment
Talk of the mundane
Urgent whispers
The caress of the night
The breeze of my lover’s eyes
The graze of his scented-lemon lips
The promise of smiles and sunny skies
Of laughter and young ones
Of remembrances and reminisces
Of sons and those who dote on us
Of living in the present
Of judgement passed that’s yesterday
Of the drumming of morrow’s promises
Of higher possibilities.

I tell stories
Of yore
Of the present
Of days to come
I craft ogres and gods
I weave dwarfs and elves
Of a people once mighty
Of a culture once pervasive
The clouds, puffy, white
The sun, setting, lends it a hue
A trail of dragon fire – the gentle kind
The clouds – grey, angry
Lightning bolts – bursts
A dragon, enraged
The inner child imagines
Draws the world, marooned, blackened
Of another dimension; a multiverse
Of what is, of what is not, of what can be
A sigh of wonders for the ages.

https://nuriakenya.com/product/a-funeral-dress-for-nyasuguta-by-mark-mwangi/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#20BobSanaa

  With a heavy heart, having cried my heart out, I let go. Of these dear books with many a memory. This to support my book launches. Gladden, though, for they are on offer for as low as Kshs 20 – 20bob (exclusive of delivery costs): 1.        Betrayal in The City 320 2.        Paper Doll 320 3.        Royal Scandals 320 4.        Poems from East Africa 320 5.        Mimba Ingali Mimba 220 6.        Half a Day and Other Stories 120 7.        Kitumbua Kimeingia Mchanga 320 8.        Walenisi 420 9.        Horn of My Love 220 10.    Mayai Waziri wa Maradhi 120 11.    Brisinger 520 12.    Cabal 320 13.    The Patriot Game 320 14.    The Resurre...

Age, Dreams, Love, Death

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETIbcEdyVfk The sweet child, golden her smile Death of innocence, led to her being Love was had, made and shaped – furiously Age was come, the world and the home – to enrich. The sweet child, golden her smile Cuddly and warm is she, ‘cept when called to dine She would rather play, not away her dolls – file Tantrums she is, tantrums she does, this sweet child of mine. Age is catching up Dreams are drying up Love withers away Death rides on the highway. Dreams, the essence of all that is A business to start, a sweet one to kiss If killed, sharp is the cobra’s hiss The daring shoot the star, can’t – the moon – miss. The infant wonders, clear eyes wanders Age trickles, drips and drops to the sea There is still no dreaming of what could be Love, Death – each Being flounders. Age is catching up Dreams are drying up Love withers away Death rides on the highway. Love, some claim He and She - The First Words, deeds, faith, tr...

My Once-Molly (Political versus Business Ethics),

  Dear Molly. How are you? As always, I hope you are well. You know, there is something about you, something that made me inspire for better. Was it that rich smokers’ laughter of yours? The daring twinkle that flashed in your eyes when you were angry? The tight curl in your lips when you were about to lash out? Anyway, Molly, I continue with my business training. I am now thinking of business as warfare – the honourable kind of warfare; chivalry, observing the rules… not the Machiavellian 48-Laws-of-Power warfare where there is no honour, but only winning. Politics of deceit, our president calls it. Well, these past couple of days have been chilly… a precursor to June’s biting cold? Anyway, I am more often sad than happy during the cold months of June and July. I totally blame this on Sam Kahiga’s short story, ‘The Last Breath’ – if my memory serves me right. Off the ‘Encounters from Africa’ anthology. There is a way he made June and July sad. Pretty much like you wouldn’t tai...